Like me, you’re always looking for new and exciting ways to cook your food. So when I heard about air fryers. They are a great way to cook food without all the added oil. But what do you do if you want to use parchment paper? Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer? Keep reading to find out!
What is Parchment Paper?
Parchment paper is a type of paper that is often used in cooking and baking. It is made from wood pulp treated with chemicals, making it non-stick and heat resistant. This makes it an excellent option for lining baking sheets or using it as a makeshift pastry mat.
Why Use Parchment Paper?
Parchment paper has a number of benefits that make it an excellent choice for cooking and baking. First, it helps to prevent sticking. No one likes dealing with stuck-on food, and parchment paper can help to keep your food from sticking to the pan.
Another benefit of parchment paper is that it helps to distribute heat evenly. This is especially helpful when baking, as you want all of your food to be cooked evenly. Parchment paper also makes cleanup a breeze. No more scrubbing burnt food!
Besides, use parchment paper to reduce how much scrubbing is needed when scrubbing the air fryer basket.
Can You Put Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer?
The answer is yes! Parchment paper is an excellent option for cooking in an air fryer, as it helps to prevent sticking. Just be sure to use a large sheet to line the bottom of the basket and preheat the air fryer before adding the parchment paper.
Best Parchment Paper for Your Air Fryer
A good quality parchment paper is best for your air fryer. I like to use If You Care Parchment Baking Paper. This parchment paper is unbleached, certified compostable, and FSC certified. It’s also chlorine-free and made from 100% recycled fibers.
A parchment paper or baking paper that is heat safe up to 425°F/ 218°C is a great choice cos most air fryers have the maximum temperature at 400°F. However, if you have an appliance that heats up to 500 degrees, forgo using the liner; that temperature is too high for parchment paper to withstand and becomes a fire hazard.
How To Use Parchment Paper In The Air Fryer
Tips for using parchment paper in your air fryer are easy! Just line the bottom of the basket with a sheet of parchment paper, making sure that it covers the entire bottom. Then add your food and cook according to your recipe. When you’re done, remove the food and let it cool on a wire rack.
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
Now that you know you can use parchment paper in the air fryer, here are some tips to help you get started.
- First, cut the parchment paper to size. You want it to be large enough to line the bottom of the air fryer basket, with a little extra hanging over the edges.
- Next, preheat your air fryer before adding the food. This will help to ensure that your food cooks evenly. Add the food to the basket, being sure not to overcrowd it.
- Use Perforated Parchment paper for even better results. This type of parchment paper has small holes punched into it, allowing hot air to circulate more evenly. This is especially helpful when cooking delicate foods like fish or vegetables.
- Make sure you have the right paper. Don’t accidentally use a different type of paper – for example, wax paper because wax paper can’t handle the heat and may catch on fire.
- Place the parchment at the bottom of the basket, not beneath it.
- Never heat an air fryer with parchment paper in the air fryer because it has a powerful fan that forces air and heat around while cooking which blows away the paper, potentially causing a fire. Note: ONLY ADD the paper to the air fryer; once a suitably hefty piece of food can weight it down.
- Finally, let the food cool before removing it from the air fryer. The parchment paper will be hot, so use caution when removing it. Use a spatula to transfer the food to a plate or serving dish, and enjoy!
How to Make Your Own Perforated Parchment Paper Rounds
- Parchment paper
- Pen or pencil
- Tape (optional)
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to the desired size. I like to use If You Care Parchment Baking Paper because it’s unbleached, certified compostable, and FSC certified. It’s also chlorine-free and made from 100% recycled fibers. If you use a different type of parchment paper, check that it is heat safe up to 425°F/ 218°C.
- Use a ruler and pen or pencil to mark evenly spaced dots around the perimeter of the parchment paper, about 1-2 inches apart.
- Cut small slits at each of the marked dots. Be careful not to cut through the paper.
- Tape the edges of the parchment paper if desired. This will help to keep it from tearing.
- Place the perforated parchment paper in your air fryer basket with food after preheating it according to your recipe. Add the food and cook according to your recipe or until through.
- Let the food cool slightly before removing it from the air fryer. The parchment paper will be hot, so use caution when removing it. Use a spatula to transfer the food to a plate or serving dish, and enjoy!
Q. The Main Differences between Parchment Paper And Regular Parchment Paper?
A. Parchment paper is safe in the oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, but it can also be used in the microwave. Parchment paper is available bleached or unbleached. It’s also available in a natural brown color. Air fryer parchment paper has holes, so food will be crisper.
Q. What is Perforated Parchment Paper?
A. The paper has small holes punched into it, allowing hot air to circulate more evenly. This is especially helpful when cooking delicate foods like fish or vegetables. You can find it at most kitchen stores or online. You can always make your own if you can’t find it (see instructions above).
Q. What Are Some Alternatives to Air Fryer Parchment Paper?
A. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use Aluminum Foil, Silicone Baking Mats, or a Wire Rack.
- Aluminum Foil: You can use aluminium foil in your air fryer, but use it carefully. Never place the foil directly on the heating element because it could cause a fire. Always place the food on top. You can also use it to line the basket of your air fryer to make cleanup easier.
- Silicone Baking Mats: A silicone baking mat can be used in place of parchment paper. Place the mat in the bottom of the air fryer basket and cook according to your recipe. The mats are reusable and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Can You Put Aluminum Foil In An Air Fryer?
- Do Air Fryers Cause Cancer?
- Can I Use Wax Paper in the Air Fryer
Q. Can You Line Air Fryer Basket With Parchment?
A. Yes, you can. This will help to prevent sticking. Be cautious when removing the parchment paper from the hot air fryer.
Q. What Are Some Recipes that Can Be Made With Air Fryer Parchment Paper?
A: Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Chicken Wings
- Asparagus Fries
- Zucchini Chips
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Chips
- Cauliflower “ings”
Q. Do I Need to Grease the Parchment Paper?
A. No, you don’t need to grease the parchment paper. The food will not stick to the parchment paper if used correctly.
Q. Can I Reuse Air Fryer Parchment Paper?
A. Yes, you can. Just be sure to wash it in between uses.
Can you use parchment paper in an air fryer? The answer is yes! Parchment paper is a great way to prevent sticking and make cleanup a breeze. Be sure to cut the parchment paper to size, preheat the air fryer, and let the food cool before removing it. Enjoy!