Do you know how long to microwave a Hot Pocket? If not, you’re not alone. Even the company that makes Hot Pockets doesn’t know for sure. There are different recommendations depending on which flavor of Hot Pocket you have. But don’t worry, we’ve researched for you. Find How Long do You Put Hot Pockets in the Microwave below.
What are Hot Pockets?
Hot Pockets are pre-packaged, frozen sandwiches that can be heated up in minutes for those who don’t know. They were first introduced in the early 1980s and have been a popular quick meal.
Can You Microwave Hot Pockets?
Yes, you can. That’s the recommended way to cook them.
How Long do You Put Hot Pockets in the Microwave
As Kihei Dynasty Restaurant mentioned before, there are different recommended cooking times depending on the flavor of Hot Pocket you have. Here’s a breakdown of the most popular flavors and their suggested microwaving times:
- Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza: 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza: 3 minutes.
- Four Cheese Pizza: 3 minutes.
- Supreme Pizza: 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Hamburger: 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Cheeseburger: 4 minutes.
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo: 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Philly Cheese Steak: 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Buffalo Chicken: 5 minutes.
So there you have it! You know how long to microwave a Hot Pocket, regardless of which flavor you’re having. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking times above to ensure your Hot Pocket is heated through properly. And if you’re ever in doubt, err on the side of cooking it for a little longer rather than less.
How do You Microwave Hot Pockets?
There are different types of Hot Pockets, so the cooking time may vary.
- For a frozen Hot Pocket, cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- If you’re reheating a refrigerated it, cook for 1 minute on each side.
- If you’re thawing a Hot Pocket before cooking, place the hot pocket on a microwave-safe plate for about 10 seconds to make it easier to remove from the wrapper.
Depending on the number of hot pockets, the cooking time may need to be adjusted. To ensure thoroughly cooked and safe to eat, check that the interior temperature reaches 74°C (165°F).
The minimum cooking time for a 1000-watt microwave is 2 minutes, but it could take up to 3 minutes for a 700-watt microwave. However, if you want to cook two hot pockets simultaneously, allow them to cool for at least 4 to 5 minutes before serving.
When it’s ready, hold both ends and shake the mixture inside.
How Long Do You Cook 2 Hot Pockets For?
Two minutes is ideal. Two is almost double, but not entirely. If you overheat them, the insides will ooze out of the sides and begin to dry up. A safer option is to microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
How do I Know When My Hot Pocket is Done?
The best way to know when your Hot Pocket is done is to use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature or check the filling. It should be hot and evenly distributed throughout the pocket. The pocket is done when the interior reaches 74°C (165°F). You can also give the pocket a shake – if the filling is hot and evenly distributed, it’s ready to eat.
Best Tips for Microwaving a Hot Pocket
- If you burn your taste buds or the skin on the roof of your mouth when eating a steaming hot pocket, the food has been cooked in the microwave incorrectly. Check the food to make sure it’s cooked evenly before consuming.
- When removing the hot pocket from the microwave, use oven mitts or towels to avoid burning.
- Avoid the middle of the bag being chilly, cook the pockets for at least 75 percent of their suggested time, take them out, grasp both ends, and give them a good shake to combine the hot filling in the center with the cold fillings on each end. An excellent way to cook foods evenly is to toast them on the grill. As a result, heated hot pockets will cook more uniformly.
- If you want a more evenly cooked, rotate it a few times while microwaving.
- If you want a crispier crust, cook the hot pocket on high for the first minute, then finish cooking it on 50% power.
- Check the wattage of your appliance to determine how long to cook.
- Remember to follow the recommended cooking times for each flavor of Hot Pocket. This will ensure that your Hot Pocket is heated through properly and doesn’t be undercooked or burnt.
- For best results, cook one at a time.
- Only two Hot Pockets should be cooked at once in a microwave with a capacity of more than 1,000 watts. If you’re cooking in a microwave that has less than 1,100 watts, it’s suggested that you cook one at a time.
- If you don’t have a plate, use parchment paper or paper towels to microwave hot pockets. (Can You Microwave Paper Plate – The Definitive Answer)
So there you have it! Follow the tips and guidelines above, and you’ll enjoy a delicious Hot Pocket in no time.
Can You Microwave Hot Pocket Without a Plate?
The answer is yes! You can microwave a hot Pocket without a plate, but there are a few things you need to know first.
- First, make sure the hot Pocket is wrapped in paper towels. This will help absorb any moisture that escapes during cooking.
- Second, cook it on a lower setting. This will prevent the outside from getting too crispy while the inside remains soft.
- Finally, be sure to let the hot Pocket cool before eating. The filling will be scalding and could burn your mouth.
Here’s how: first, take your hot pocket out of the wrapper and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Then, microwave it for about two minutes or until the pocket is heated. Be sure to keep an eye on it, so it doesn’t explode.
Q. Are Hot Pockets Healthy?
A. While Hot Pockets are a quick and easy snack option, they’re not necessarily the healthiest choice. However, some healthier options, such as the Lean Cuisine line of frozen meals, are available.
Q. How do You Reheat a Hot Pocket?
A. To reheat it, cook it in the microwave on high for 1 minute per pocket. If you’re reheating more than one pocket at a time, cook for 2 minutes.
Q. How Long Do You Cook a Hot Pockets in Microwave?
A. The cooking time for a Hot Pocket will vary depending on the type of pocket and the wattage of your microwave. For a frozen bag, cook for 2 minutes per side. For a refrigerated pocket, cook for 1 minute per side. If you’re thawing a pocket before cooking, microwave it for 10 seconds to make it easier to remove from the wrapper. Then follow the instructions for either a frozen or refrigerated pocket.
Q. How Many Hot Pockets Can I Cook at Once?
A. In a microwave with more than 1,000 watts, you can cook two pockets simultaneously. If you’re cooking in a microwave with less than 1,100 watts, it’s suggested that you cook one at a time.
Q. Is It Better to Cook in a Microwave or Oven?
A. While you can cook Hot Pockets in either a microwave or oven, the microwave is the quicker and more convenient option. Oven cooking times will vary depending on the type of pocket and your oven’s temperature, so be sure to follow the instructions on the package.
Q. What Happens If I Don’t Cook My Hot Pocket Long Enough?
A. If you don’t cook long enough, the filling may not be heated through properly and could cause food poisoning. It’s essential to follow the recommended cooking times for each pocket type to ensure that it’s cooked properly.
Q. How Can I Make My Hot Pocket Less Soggy?
A. If you find that your Hot Pocket is too soggy, there are a few things you can try. First, cook it on high for the first minute, then finish cooking it on 50% power. This will help to crisp up the crust. You can also try placing the pocket on a paper towel or wire rack before cooking to help absorb any excess moisture. Finally, be sure not to overcook the pocket, as this will also make it soggy.
Q. How Long do You Microwave 3 Hot Pockets?
A. In a microwave with more than 1,000 watts, you can cook three pockets at once. If you’re cooking in an appliance with less than 1,100 watts, it’s suggested that you cook one at a time. The cooking time for a hot pocket will vary depending on the type of pocket and the wattage of your appliance. For a frozen pocket, cook for 2 minutes per side. For a refrigerated pocket, cook for 1 minute per side. If you’re thawing a pocket before cooking, microwave it for 10 seconds to make it easier to remove from the wrapper. Then follow the instructions for either a frozen or refrigerated pocket.
How Long To Microwave Hot Pockets? The answer is pretty simple, follow the package instructions! Use parchment paper or paper towels to microwave the hot pockets instead of plastic wrap. This will help to keep the pocket from getting soggy. And don’t overcook it! Otherwise, you’ll end up with a dry, crumbly crust. Follow these tips, and you’ll enjoy a delicious Hot Pocket in no time.