Cooking frozen burgers can be a little tricky. You don’t want to overcook and dry them out, but you also don’t want to undercook them and risk food poisoning.
Suppose you’re looking for a delicious way to cook your frozen hamburgers; look no further than your oven! In just a few simple steps, you can have perfectly cooked burgers that will be the hit of your next cookout or backyard BBQ.
This blog post will share how to cook frozen burgers in the oven and some tips and tricks for getting the perfect burger every time.
What You’ll Need
Here we’ll go over what you need to cook a frozen burger in the oven.
- Aluminum foil (optional): You’ll need a single sheet of aluminium foil to cook your frozen burgers. Do not use two sheets of foil, as this will trap too much heat and cause your burgers to overcook.
- A baking sheet: The ideal baking sheet will be big enough to fit all your burgers in a single layer with a bit of space between each one.
- A cooking thermometer is optional, but we recommend using one to ensure that your burgers are cooked to the correct temperature.
- Metal wire rack (optional): These will help dress up the burgers and add flavour but are not necessary.
- Toppings of choice (lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, etc.)
How To Cook Frozen Burger Patties in the Oven
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have delicious, juicy burgers in no time:
First, preheat your oven to 400 – 425 degrees. Then, take the frozen burgers out of their packaging and place them on a baking sheet. Make sure the burgers are spaced evenly on the baking sheet, so they cook evenly. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Next, bake the burgers for about 20 – 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and use a spatula to flip burgers over. Then, return the baking sheet to the oven and bake the burgers for an additional 10 minutes.
Once the burgers are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and enjoy! You can serve them on hamburger buns with your favorite toppings or enjoy them as is. Either way, you’re sure to love cook frozen burgers in oven.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Oven
Turkey burgers are a great alternative to traditional beef burgers. They are leaner and lower in calories, making them a healthier option. And, because they are typically made with ground turkey breast, they are also a thinner protein option.
Get the step-by-step instructions below.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the frozen turkey burgers on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake the burgers for about 20 minutes until they are cooked.
5. To add extra flavor to your burgers, try topping them with your favourite condiments and/or cheeses.
How to Bake Frozen Hamburgers Patties in the Grill
The best way to cook frozen burgers is on the grill. Grilling provides a quick, easy, and delicious way to make them. Plus, it gives a unique flavor you can’t get from the microwave or oven. To make them, start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
Get the step-by-step instructions below.
- Preheat about 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your burgers on the grill. Be sure to leave some space between each burger, so they have room to cook evenly.
- Cook for about 10 – 15 minutes. Close the grill lid and let the burgers cook for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook for another 5-7 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the burgers over. Then, close the lid and let them cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Check the burgers and remove them from the grill when cooked to your liking. Use a meat thermometer to check the burgers and ensure they reach a safe internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Once they’re cooked to your liking, remove them and enjoy!
How to Cook Frozen Burger Patties on the Stove
There is minimal work, and you get delicious burgers every time. Just follow these easy steps.
- Preheat your skillet. You’ll want to use medium-high heat so the burgers cook without burning the outside.
- Add a little oil to the skillet. This will help keep the burgers from sticking and add flavor.
- Place the burgers in the skillet. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once. The burgers are cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.
How to Cook Frozen Burgers on the Air Fryer
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the air fryer is preheating, spray each burger patty with cooking spray will help them cook evenly and prevent them from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Season each patty with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the burgers in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re not touching. If they’re touching, they’ll cook unevenly.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the burgers are cooked.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
And that’s it! You’ve now cooked delicious, frozen ground beef in your air fryer. Wasn’t that easy?
What Should I Serve My Oven Baked Hamburger Patties With?
Here are a few of our favorite sides to serve with oven-baked hamburgers:
- Oven-Roasted Potatoes: These are the perfect side dish for your hamburger patties. Cut some potatoes into bite-sized pieces, drizzle with olive oil and your favourite seasonings, and roast in the oven until golden brown. So good!
- Baked beans: Another classic side dish that always goes well with burgers. For a bit of a change, tryasting the beans with some spices before serving.
- Roasted vegetables: A healthy and flavorful option, roasted vegetables are a great way to add extra nutrients to your meal. Try roasting a mix of vegetables, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes.
- Grilled fruit: A fun and unexpected side for burgers, it is a great way to add a bit of sweetness to your meal. Try grilling peaches, pineapple, or even watermelon.
- Fruit salad – A refreshing and sweet option to enjoy with your burgers. Chop up some of your favourite fruits and mix them.
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve with your oven-baked hamburgers, they will surely be a hit with your guests. So fire up and get cooking!
Q. Can You Make Frozen Hamburgers in the Oven Without a Rack?
A. If you don’t have a rack to cook your hamburgers on, you can place them directly on the oven grates:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen hamburgers on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Q. Are Frozen Hamburgers As Good As Fresh Ones?
A. In reality, frozen hamburger meat, properly thawed, tastes as good as fresh hamburger meat.
Q. Does The Patty Thickness Make A Difference For Cook Time?
A. Yes, it does, with a thicker patty taking longer to cook through. However, cook time will also be affected by factors such as the grill’s heat and how well you like your burger, so it’s essential to keep an eye on the patty as it cooks.
Whether cooking for a group of friends or just yourself, hamburgers are always a good option. But sometimes, you don’t have the time to wait for the burgers to thaw before cooking them.
Luckily, you can make it in the oven. Preheat the oven, place the burgers on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. And that’s it!
So the next time you’re in the mood for a burger but don’t have the time to wait for the meat to thaw, remember that you can bake frozen burgers in the oven without a mess.